I lived in Belgium for six months when I was at university and managed to gain a fair amount of weight from all that beer, fritten and of course chocolate. Chocolate is a national obsession in Belgium and it is was a common occurrence for one of my slim Belgian house mates to tuck into toast with chocolate spread on it for breakfast.
Fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate
I try to limit my chocolate consumption to after breakfast these days but my resolve may be broken by the close proximity of the tiny Godiva shop in Fenchurch street to my work. The chocolates in the shop contain some all year favourites like their best selling hazelnut chocolate and seasonal ranges. In summer time they make the most incredible “chocolate kebabs” of strawberries dipped in Godiva chocolate and threaded on a skewer (£5.25). In Winter, look out for rich, creamy Godiva hot chocolate drinks. For those amongst you who have a Belgian like addiction to chocolate, Godiva also does a luxury chocolate spread to put on your toast in the mornings.
Chocolates on offer at Godiva
Godiva invited me down to the shop to test out some chocolates and just so I don’t look greedy they are also going to send a box of their seasonal summer range of chocolates worth £24.33 to a lucky Gourmet Chick reader. As usual, all you have to do to enter is leave a comment below.
The summer chocolate box on offer
1. Only one comment per person.
2. I need to be able to contact you if you win, so if you don’t have a blog with contact details please leave your email address in the comments or email it to me at missgourmetchick[at]gmail[dot]com.
3. Entrants must be located in the UK (sorry) but can be any age.
4. A winner will be chosen randomly using random.org by 5pm UK time on Thursday 29 July.
5. The winner will be announced on Gourmet Chick on Friday 30 July.