I decided to make something quite autumnal and comforting using the chops so I kept things simple and grilled the meat leaving it plain. I served the chops on a bed of a rich tomato and red onion sauce and a dollop of creamy polenta. To add a little luxury I stirred some blue cheese through the polenta giving it some extra depth and richness.
4 lamb chops
1 red onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
200g can of diced tomatoes
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1 handful of flat leaf parsley, sliced
25g black olives
250ml vegetable stock
60g blue cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over low heat then add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion starts to colour and become soft.
2. Add the tomatoes, rosemary, parsley, olives and water and turn up the heat until the mixture starts to bubble and boil.
3. Bring the stock to the boil in a separate saucepan then remove from the heat and gradually add the polenta, stirring as you add it. Stir through the blue cheese and cover with a lid to keep warm.
4. Once the tomato mixture has started to boil, turn the heat back down to low and cover and simmer for a futher 5 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken.
5. Brush the lamb chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on a BBQ or grill pan over a high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Serve the chops on top of the tomato sauce and polenta.