I hate when people start talking about Christmas too early. I know Christmas gifts are in the shops from about July but that is far too early to talk about Christmas. Still, it is almost halfway through November now so I think a little Christmas talk is allowed in honour of the latest Gourmet Giveaway which is the most amazing advent calendar you have ever seen. The main reason for the amazing nature of the calender is that it is filled with chocolates. And not just any chocolates. We always used to have chocolate advent calendars when we were kids which I loved but the problem was that the chocolate in the calender was cheap and nasty. There’s no such problem with this advent calendar though because it is from Gourmet Chick sponsors Hotel Chocolat. Perfect for gourmet children or chocaholic adults.
The ultimate advent calendars
I got to test out the Ultimate Hotel Chocolat advent calendar (£17) and as you can see from the photos it is pretty slick. The chocolate is all wrapped in foil to keep it fresh and was so tasty that I may have eaten the first five days of advent already. The one up for grabs in the Gourmet Giveaway is even better though because it is the Luxury Truffles Advent Calendar (£22). It is better because first of all it is bigger, and secondly it contains enough chocolate truffles for two people. Eat it yourself or use it as the ultimate early stocking filler.
Breaking into the advent calendar
Entry to the competition is open to all and you can enter in a few different ways.
1. To enter the competition leave a comment below, if you don’t have a blog please leave your email address or you can email it to me at missgourmetchick[@]gmail[dot]com. One comment per person
2. And if you want you can also tweet a link to this post using the hashtag #hotelchocolat. You can do this a maximum of once a day for the duration of the competition. Each time gets you an additional entry.
3. And if you want you can also blog about the Gourmet Giveaway (and send me the link so I know) this gets you three entries.
4. Competition closes at 5pm London time on Sunday 21 November.
5. The winner will be drawn using random.org and will be announced on 22 November on Gourmet Chick.
The chocolates in the Ultimate Advent Calendar are all different shapes