Gourmet Chick officially hit the toddler years today celebrating its third birthday. Little did I know when I first wrote a blog post three years ago that Gourmet Chick would become such a big part of my life. From where I eat, to what I eat, to my dress size and even my career, Gourmet Chick has influenced me a lot. Easily the best part of the three years though has been meeting so many lovely people whether in real life or just through their comments, emails and tweets.
|Turning three with a slice of carrot cake which I made for the occasion|
As is my own little tradition I would like to give a shout out to those fellow bloggers who have sent the most traffic my way. Thanks for sharing the love…
1. American in London. Witty and erudite this is my go to blog for travel tips and restaurant reviews. Alice has just had her first baby so you could see more of a lunch focus on the site in the future.
2. Greedy Diva. My fellow Melburnian in London who writes great pithy restaurant reviews and the sort of travel posts that make you want to immediately book a plane ticket.
3. Hollow Legs. Brilliant recipes with a particular emphasis on exploring hidden out of the way places. Reading Lizzie’s blog is always entertaining.
4. Living, Loving, Laughing, Blogging. A blog about clothes, food, books, movies … basically whatever takes the interest of the lovely Amy who writes it.
5. A Rather Unusual Chinaman. Great restaurant reviews and especially strong on the Soho area which is where this (lucky) unusual Chinaman works. Handy map section – something I have always meant to do but never got around to.
|The Perfect Scoop – and a little bit of food porn on the cover|
I would also like to give a huge thanks to everyone who reads Gourmet Chick. As a way of showing my appreciation I have organised a special third birthday Gourmet Giveaway. It is a bumper giveaway with three prizes, one for each year of Gourmet Chick’s life. The other two prizes will be revealed during the week, but the first one is a copy of the book The Perfect Scoop thanks to Jacqui Small publishing.
The Perfect Scoop is the definitive ice cream making guide, written by well known Parisian blogger and former Chez Panisse pastry chef David Lebovitz. It contains so many great recipes from butterscotch pecan to mango sorbet and has some beautiful photographs as well.
|There are some gorgeous photographs inside the book|
- Entry to win a copy of The Perfect Scoop restricted to those in the UK (sorry) so we can post you the book.
- To enter the competition leave a comment below. If you don’t have a blog please make sure you leave an email address in the comments so I can contact you if you win, or email me directly on missgourmetchick[at]gmail[dot]com.
- You can also “like” the post about this competition on the Gourmet Chick Facebook page to gain an additional entry.
- Competition to win The Perfect Scoop closes at 5pm London time on Monday 8 August 2011.
- A winner of the book will be selected using random.org and the winner will be announced on Gourmet Chick on Wednesday 9 August 2011.
Look out for the next two Gourmet Giveaways each week. Feel free to enter them all… and let me know if you want me to post the recipe for the delicious carrot cake I made to celebrate the occasion.