|Take that Pret!|
300g self raising flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g dark muscovado sugar
100g brown sugar
250ml rapeseed oil
1 orange, zested
200g carrots, grated
|Mixing the cake|
|The finished cake (minus one rather large slice!)|
1. Heat the oven to 150c. Line a 22cm deep cake tin with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, cinnamon and baking powder and stir in the sugars. Mix well.
3. Beat the eggs with the oil and orange zest. Stir in the carrots and then fold this and the rest of the ingredients into the flour mixture.
4. Spoon the mix into the tin and level the surface. Bake for 1 hour 25 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin.
5. For the frosting beat the butter sugar and syrup until soft and then beat in the cream cheese until smooth. Chill until it is smooth but spreadable and spread a thick layer over the cake.
Inspired by a few places including Pret but mainly an Olive Magazine carrot cake recipe.