|A stack of Anzac biscuits ready to take to the footy|
This is a fool proof recipe, just make sure that you leave enough space between the biscuits on the baking tray so they can spread (they will!). It’s also important to leave the biscuits on the trays until completely cooled once you take them out of the oven otherwise your Anzac biscuits may fall apart. I will be taking a few along with me to the football for Anzac day.
|Pouring the butter and Golden syrup mixture into the dry mixture|
1 ½ cups rolled oats
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup dessicated coconut
¼ cup self raising flour
150g unsalted butter
2 tsps golden syrup
½ tsp bicarbonate soda
2 tbsps boiling water
|Biscuits ready to go in the oven – lots of space between them|
1. Preheat oven to 150c.
2. Place the oats, sugar, coconut and bowl in a large bowl and stir to combine.
3. In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over a low heat until the butter has fully melted.
4. Pour the syrup and butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix.
5. Use the same saucepan to mix together the bicarbonate of soda and boiling water so that it fizzes and then add it to the rest of the mixture.
6. Spoon the mixture onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Make sure to leave space for the biscuits to spread.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and leave the biscuits on the trays until cooled.
|The finished biscuits|
Makes 12-16 biscuits.