|The finished Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Pudding|
|Heating the cream, vanilla and orange zest for the Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding|
1. Butter a baking dish which will snugly fit the hot cross buns.
2. Half the hot cross buns and butter each half. Lay the bases in a baking dish and sprinkle with the chopped chocolate and cinnamon then top with the bun tops.
3. Place the vanilla pod and seeds in a saucepan with the cream and zest, and heat over a gentle heat until just simmering. Remove from the heat.
4. Beat the eggs and sugar until just combined, then pour into the warm cream, stirring continuously. Pour the custard over the buns and cover the pudding and put it in the fridge for half an hour (or longer if you want) so the buns soak up the custard.
|Making the custard for the Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Bread and butter Pudding|
4. Preheat the oven to 180c.
5. Cook the pudding in a water bath by placing the pudding dish in a large roasting pan and pouring enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the pudding dish. Cook in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the custard is slightly set and wobbly.
|Serving up the Chocolate Hot Cross Bun Pudding|