One of my philosophies in life is that ice-cream is not just for Summer. It’s so good you need to eat it all year. I feel the same way about BBQs. It’s such a great way of cooking food and a fun social experience that it’s a shame to leave BBQs to the Summer months. So while it may be pretty cold at the moment I had no hesitation in heading out doors to test a recipe for Ziegler & Brown.
Ziegler & Brown make European inspired grills. The grills are seriously good with higher power output than their competitors and all the whizz bang features you want including a rather scary sounding flame thrower ignition. You can get pizza stones and woks which fit the BBQs so you really can cook any type of meal in them.
I decided a Ziegler & Brown grill would be the perfect place to cook up some Mamasita style Mexican corn. Corn always tastes better on the cob and it tastes even better when it is cooked on a BBQ and covered in mayonnaise. So here’s my take on some Mexian corn thanks to Ziegler and Brown.
- 4 sweet corn cobs
- 100grams Parmesan
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 a lime, juiced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 20 grams Chipotle chillies
- 200 ml vegetable oil
- 1. Whisk yolks, lime and mustard in a bowl. Slowly add the oil while continually whisking until emulsified. The mixture should be smooth but just add a little warm water if it's getting too thick.
- 2. Blend the Chipolote chilles in a food processor until they are pulped then stir in to the mayo along with a good pinch of salt.
- 3. Grind ingredients for the spice mix together until smooth in a mortar and pestle.
- 4. Boil the corn for 10 minutes. Drain and let it cool in husks. Peel and char-grill on Ziegler and Brown grill until slightly charred. Cut cobs in half and insert skewer in one end.
- 5. Smear each cob with Chipotle mayonnaise, roll in the Parmesan, sprinkle spices on top and then serve with a lime wedge.
This post is sponsored by Ziegler & Brown.