Having a food blog is a great excuse for trying new things all the time – whether it’s a new restaurant, new place to stay or new food product. So I couldn’t say no when Philadelphia Australia offered to send me some Grated Philly & Tasty to try out. You see Grated Philly & Tasty is so new it hasn’t even hit Coles and Woolies yet!
Grated Philly & Tasty is a combination of grated PHILADELPHIA cream cheese mixed with tasty cheese. It’s perfect for dishes when you want oozing melted cheese – think lasagne, baked potatoes or just a really luxurious cheese toasty. Grated Philly & Tasty is debuting on supermarket shelves next week and you can find more information here.
To try out the Grated Philly & Tasty I decided to make a classic dish: macaroni and cheese. But I wanted to make a glamorous version using three cheeses and crisp prosciutto. This is where the Grated Philly & Tasty comes in; there are two cheeses sorted straight away and a guarantee of oozy melted cheese which really takes the mac and cheese from less to luxe.
- 340g pasta, I used spirals
- 80g prosciutto, cut into ribbons
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Cheese sauce
- 40g butter
- 40g plain flour
- 200ml oz milk
- 200g Grated Philly & Tasty
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200c.
- 2. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, for 8-10 minutes, or until just cooked. Drain and set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, fry the pancetta in a medium frying pan over a gentle heat until it just starts to brown and crisp up.
- 4. To make the sauce melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat then add in the flour gradually, whisking as you go. Then add the milk slowly again whisking as you go to make a roux.
- 5. Mix the Philly Grated & Tasty to the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Mix the cheese sauce, pasta and prosciutto together and then place in a casserole dish or ramekins. Sprinkle the parmesan and breadcrumbs over the top and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the cheese starts to bubble and the topping is golden brown.
With thanks to Philadelphia Australia for sending samples of Grated Philly & Tasty