I’m always looking for quick and easy weeknight meals. I don’t have time when I get home from work to spend hours in the kitchen, not unless I want to eat dinner at midnight. What I do require is something tasty to reward me for all my hard work and it’s also a bonus if what I’m making is nutritious. This recipe ticks all those boxes.
These fritters are nutritious and packed with vitamins. But more importantly they are delicious. The fritters are crisp and crunchy on the outside and soft inside. They’re perfect served with salad and some natural yoghurt to dip them in.
The quinoa, sweet potato and kale fritters also freeze really well and are good for smuggling vegetables into vegie avoiding kids.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes steamed and pureed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups kale finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup panko (use plain bread crumbs as a substitute)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to season
- Vegetable oil to cook
- 1. Devein the kale by cutting out the stalks and then chop it finely.
- 2. Mix the kale, sweet potato, quinoa, eggs, panko, corn flour, smoked paprika and salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- 3. Heat a few tablespoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan and then use an ice-cream scoop to scoop the fritter mixture into the pan.
- 4. Flatten the fritters and cook over a medium heat for 4 to 5 mins or until golden on each side.
- 5. Allow to cool slightly on kitchen paper. Serve with natural yoghurt.