There’s a school of thought that says life is too short to stuff a mushroom. To be honest that used to be my approach to dips as well. I bought them in their little plastic tubs and focused on making other parts of the meal from scratch. But when I do have the time (and it doesn’t take much time) making my own dips has been a bit of a revelation.
Homemade dips are just so much more tasty than the store bought stuff and both these recipes make pretty big batches so you can enjoy them over a couple of days. I’ve included conversions for making these in a Tefal Cuisine Companion which makes lief even quicker and easier – but you can just make both dips in a food processor. It will be hard to go back to the dips in their little plastic tubs again once you’ve tried your hand at this one.
- 3 beetroots
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- Pinch salt
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 300g spinach
- 30g basil
- 100g cashews
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- 60ml olive oil
- 1. Peel the beetroot and quarter.
- 2. Pour 0.7 litres of water into the bowl of the Tefal Cuisine Companion, place the beetroot in the steam basket and then launch the steam program for 30 mins OR steam the beetroot in the microwave until soft.
- 2. Once cool enough to handle place all the ingredients in the Tefal Cuisine Companion with the ultrablade knife and mix at speed 8 for 20 seconds OR in a food processor or blender mix until blended.
- 3. Add the yoghurt and salt and mix until combined. Scoop into a bowl to serve and top with a drizzle of olive oil. Keeps in the fridge for a couple of days.
- 1. Put the garlic and Parmesan cheese in the Tefal Cuisine Companion and grate for 10 seconds at Speed 9. Alternatively pulse in a food processor.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients and press turbo (pulse in a food processor). Do this three or four times, scraping down the bowl between times until blended.
- 3. Serve or keep in the fridge for up to a week.