In my house we call blueberries “toddler crack” because my children are addicted to them. Luckily for my wallet blueberries are in season at the moment so prices are low and the quality is top notch. Besides just scoffing blueberries straight from the punnet one of the ways I like to eat the berries is blended in a drink or smoothie bowl.
I was sent a delivery of blueberries and other ingredients from the lovely people at Australian blueberries in order to make my own smoothie bowl. If you’ve got a decent blender this is super easy and with a few decorative flourishes you’ve got the sort of smoothie bowl you’d mortgage your house for in your average Melbourne cafe.
I made a few tweaks to the suggested recipe so here’s my take on it. Feel rightfully smug and healthy as you tuck into this one. Even the crack addicted toddlers loved it!
- 1 cup blueberries (about 1 punnet)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cacoa nibs
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Flowers and fruit to decorate
- 1. Freeze the banana and blueberries for half an hour.
- 2. Blend the slightly frozen fruit with the avocado, almond milk and honey using an electric blender. Mix until smooth.
- 3. Pour into a bowl and top with the cacoa nibs, bee pollen, chia seeds, fruit and flowers.