Camping is Australia’s favorite pastime. The country is home to vast landscapes waiting to be explored. If you are spending a few days camping, you may want to bring a folding solar panel with you for the trip. Here are five reasons why:
1. Folding solar panels are very portable – Depending on the wattage of the panels you get, these babies weigh less than 15 kilograms. These would not add to the stress of your vehicle, so you stay fuel-efficient during those long drives. Also, folding solar panels have a suitcase-type design. It folds up and does not take up a lot of space in your vehicle. The handles make it easier to unload from the car, likewise when it’s time to pack up for home.
2. Folding solar panels are easy to use – It is pretty much a plug and play system. There are no complicated set-ups, no tools needed. You take it out of your car, open it up, set it down on a sunny area in your campsite and connect it to your 12Volt battery – and that’s pretty much it.
3. Folding solar panels can absorb daylight throughout the day – because it has a portable design, you can easily pick it up and place it in areas of the campsite to get maximum sunlight exposure. The aluminum alloy legs keep it very stable, so you do not have to worry about placing it on uneven surfaces. This means you keep your gadgets charged and your batteries topped up throughout the day.
4. Folding solar panels are easy to clean and really does pay for themselves – the front glass surface is made from high-grade tempered glass. It is weather-proof, durable and very easy to clean. You just need to give it a good wipe down using a microfiber cloth (or any soft cloth) to keep the surface dust-free. Another great thing is the fact that folding solar panels like those sold by companies like Outbax are German TUV certified and have a lifetime power output guarantee. This means that you are getting great value for your money.
5. Folding solar panels are easy to buy – You can literally sit down, turn on your computer, Google “folding solar panels” and you will get hundreds of websites that sell them. Shopping around is easy, as you can take your time learning more about solar panel features and compare price points so you can find the best deals for your needs and budget.
Camping in Australia does not have to mean you would “rough it” the whole time. You have to admit that taking some home comforts with you can make the camping trip more enjoyable. Having a folding solar panel to provide power for fans, coolers, portable stoves, and campsite lights is a great way to keep your outdoor holiday comfortable and safe. The fact that you are using clean, renewable energy to power up your devices and lights is a great bonus for the holiday.
If you have more questions about folding solar panels – or about camping gear in general, contact the folks over at Outbax.com.au – they’d love to know how they can help make your camping trip better. 🙂